Gossip Girl France
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Forum de référence pour les fans

AccueilAccueil  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
Le Deal du moment : -28%
Précommande : Smartphone Google Pixel 8a 5G ...
Voir le deal
389 €

Interviews sur divers sites [attention, spoilers 1x13]

AuteurMessage
A bout de souffle

Interviews sur divers sites [attention, spoilers 1x13] Empty
MessageSujet: Interviews sur divers sites [attention, spoilers 1x13]   Interviews sur divers sites [attention, spoilers 1x13] EmptyJeu 10 Jan - 13:54

Ca parle pas mal de la relation Bluck. afro

Interview TVguide :

Citation :
Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Gossip Girl Preview: Will Chuck and Blair Reunite? Ed Westwick Teases the Juicy "Climax"
by Megan Cherkezian

Ed Westwick by Patrick Harborn/The CWEd Westwick, Gossip Girl
For all the Gossip Girl fans out there, it comes down to tonight's episode (9 pm/ET, CW). We've seen the steamy romps, heard all the secrets and wondered who will prevail in this cat-and-mouse game. So to get some inside scoop, TVGuide.com caught up with British native Ed Westwick, who plays GG's most evil Upper East Sider, Chuck. Will Chuck win Blair in the end? Westwick couldn't spill all the beans, but he gave us some insight into the many layers of this twisted group of friends… and enemies.

TVGuide.com: I'm loving the show. It's totally addictive.
Ed Westwick: That's fantastic, I'm really glad to hear it.

TVGuide.com: Now, I've actually already seen this week's episode....
Westwick: Oh, have you? A sneak preview, huh?

TVGuide.com: Yeah. I thought it was the best one!
Westwick: It feels like it's kind of the climax almost, because everything is boiled up and it's ready to explode. There's the tiff that happens between Nate and Chuck. Blair has her breakdown.... S--t hits the fan, so to speak.

TVGuide.com: Blair's world basically gets turned upside down. She's really the focus.
Westwick: Yeah, I think what everyone got from the previous episodes is that she's a control freak and has this hold on every aspect in her life — it appears that way. In this [episode], everything is ripped away from her. (Spoiler alert) Things are totally out of her control and she really struggles to deal with it and Serena comes to her rescue and persuades her to stay.

TVGuide.com: Do you think Nate and Chuck will reconcile someday?
Westwick: I have no idea. Who knows what angle the writers will [take], whenever they come back. I'm incredibly excited to see what happens. There is that relationship and that history of two best friends, and there's always that possibility of getting back together, but Chuck [hasn't] really done a light thing [by sleeping with Blair].

TVGuide.com: What do you love about playing Chuck?
Westwick: Well, it's the multiple layers, it has to be. He has this dark side that has this interesting angle because the other characters are a nicer bunch, and Chuck has this demonic, evil side. But we saw in later episodes that he does help other people out and then goes back to his old ways with the whole love affair with Blair. He's actually in love with her, he thinks he's found the one. I think we've only seen a small part of what he is.

TVGuide.com: It's nice that we do see a vulnerable, softer side of him when it comes to Blair.
Westwick: It was needed. It's good to mix it up.

TVGuide.com: To let him show his feelings and jealousy.
Westwick: It's just made him more interesting and helps the storyline.

TVGuide.com: Would you like to see Chuck and Blair reunite at some point?
Westwick: Maybe. You know, they always say opposites attract, but in this case they're very much the same. The extent of her attraction toward him is not as much as his attraction for her. To put two characters like Chuck and Blair together and to see them go at it and see what they fire up can definitely provide very, very good entertainment.

TVGuide.com: Do you get recognized a lot now?
Westwick: I'm actually at home in London and I have been recognized here, which is strange. But in New York, I've had people come up to me and tell me how much they enjoy the show, which is great because it means people are watching and it means you're doing your job well. It's great to be a part of something that is successful. The show hasn't even hit here yet, but people know already.

TVGuide.com: Do you guys all hang out off-set?
Westwick: We do. For me, especially, moving to the U.S. and not really having any friends, I relied on getting on with the rest of the cast and people I met through them. I was open to making friends, and luckily, I work with a great bunch of people and we really hit it off — there's definitely lifelong friendships being formed.

TVGuide.com: So after this week's ep, the strike cut us off. Have you been out to the picket lines at all?
Westwick: I have not. We finished in December, so I've been enjoying the holidays. It's all you can do at a time like this. It's one of those times that can be frustrating because the show's been picking up momentum, but you have to get on with it — see friends, family, go on a vacation — and look forward to going back to work when people are ready. It's nothing to worry about.

source

Razz

Interview buddytv :

Citation :
Exclusive Interview: 'Gossip Girl' Star Ed Westwic
Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Ed WestwickEd Westwick has been taking New York City by storm this season on Gossip Girl. Playing devious, scheming womanizer Chuck Bass, Westwick tends to steal every scene he is in. Currently, his character is involved in a love-triangle involving Blair (Leighton Meester) and Nate (Chace Crawford), and tonight's episode, the last that we'll have in a long time, promises to serve up a scandal that only Gossip Girl can provide. Westwick sat down with BuddyTV to discuss his character, his inspiration for playing such a morally dubious socialite and his Gossip Girl wardrobe.

First, why don't you start by catching us up on what's been going on with your character this season.

Chuck was introduced to the audience as the bad-boy, the overly-affluent guy who takes what he wants how he wants. In the early episodes we saw lots of drinking and womanizing, often unwilling. These traits remained consistent but we saw Chuck become more vulnerable and passionate as a result of his relationship with his father and feelings towards Blair. However in true GG fashion, drama will unfold and Chuck will be undoubtedly in the mix.

I've read that you're not really a bad guy in real life. Where do you get your inspiration from?

I think we all know how to be bad or mean when we want to be. We all have those moments when we can be selfish, arrogant, inconsiderate, etc. There was no specific influence for me. My vision was a collection of the people I have met in my life, characters I have seen on screen and the way I have acted on some occasions perhaps. However I assure you I am entirely different from Mr. Bass Jr.

Now, you must get this a lot, but what's it like for you, as a Brit, to be playing an American? Is it hard to do the accent?

I feel very lucky to be given the opportunity to play an American. With regard to the accent it is something that I didn't have to see a dialect coach for, it just came to me by listening and practicing. It is important not to get lazy and make sure I warm up my tongue properly since American sounds require different movements from my tongue.

What's coming up for Chuck on this last episode of the season?

Well we have reached half way in the season and unfortunately the writers strike means we don't know when the second half of this season will take place. But for a kind of mini, half-way climax, we see all the scandal revealed. Hearts and friendships alike are broken and control is lost. It should have everyone begging to see what happens next.

Do you know what the writers and creators have planned for you for next season?

We have no idea. But I have a lot of faith and respect for that aspect of the team so I'm sure it will be fantastic to be part of.

Something that is noteworthy about the show is all the drug use and underage drinking going on with the teens on the show. I think it's somewhat refreshing to have a more honest portrayal of drug use on TV, but some others criticize Gossip Girl for glamorizing it. What's your take on that?

I think it's realistic in terms of showing consequences even if sometimes they are not clear at first.

Another thing I love about the show is the fashion. You've got your trademark cashmere scarf... How much of a say do you get on what you wear? What was the deal with your red and white striped pool outfit on last week's episode? [laughter]

Originally I requested a 1950s one-piece with a rowing-type straw hat. I was told this was too much so we got the watered-down version. It can be easy to get carried away with regard to costume, especially with Chuck. We always have our input when we have a wardrobe fitting. The items that are selected for us and the ideas of the wardrobe designers are incredible though.

Is Gossip Girl being aired in the UK? What has the reception been like there?

It airs in the UK February and March I think. There is already hype so I am very excited for the show here.

Finally, aside from Gossip Girl, you've got a lot of other things going on: some film projects and your band the Filthy Youth. When do you sleep? What do you do when you get a break?

Well currently the strike means I am effectively breaking, it can be hectic during production but it is fun so I never feel pinned-down. I am in London currently and have been doing things with the band which has always been a romance for me and I look forward to bringing them to the US this year sometime. I have two films which I appear in which are waiting for release any time soon which I am excited for, it should be good times.

source
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
A bout de souffle

Interviews sur divers sites [attention, spoilers 1x13] Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Interviews sur divers sites [attention, spoilers 1x13]   Interviews sur divers sites [attention, spoilers 1x13] EmptyJeu 10 Jan - 23:06

Interview CW Source :

Citation :

Exclusive Q & A With Gossip Girl's Ed Westwick
Posted by Jackie on January 10, 2008 11:01 AM

It was just a normal weekday at CW Source Central -- until Ed Westwick called us from his home in London for a chat (yes, we have a great gig). In this Q & A session, Ed talks about Chuck's surprising actions in last night's episode, how it's been adjusting to New York life, and what might happen if Blair and Chuck ever actually got together long-term.

CW Source: First things first -- let's talk about how Chuck acted in last night's episode! He was so cold to Blair in that scene at the bar when he shot her down. When he was pursuing Blair, he seemed sweeter, but now he’s acting like the old evil Chuck from the pilot. Has he regressed? Or is he hurting inside because he didn’t get what he wanted? Or a little of both?

Ed Westwick: Up to that point he’s caught up in that infatuation – that blindness that they can get together. He’s oblivious to the fact that she’s his best friend's girlfriend. When he has the falling out with Nate, it’s kind of like, "Shit, this is my best friend; we’ve been best friends since childhood, and we’ve let a girl get between us." One of the things Chuck holds dear is that women are possessions. They should never come between good friends. That’s what he’s let happen. In that scene he’s not blaming himself; he’s kind of blaming her. Enough is enough. "I’m done with you; I was foolish to take it as far as I did." We saw this vulnerable side, but I think he was lying to himself that it could all go smoothly. In that last scene, he went back to what he does best.

CW Source: In last night's episode, it looks like Nate wants nothing to do with Chuck… and Chuck wants nothing to do with Blair. Who’s going to make up Chuck’s new social circle? Are we going to see more of Chuck as a loner?

Ed Westwick: Shit hits the fan so to speak – it feels like it’s the climax. There’s a lot of things happening. Chuck’s left in limbo, as is Blair, as is Nate, of course. [Chuck] sees his best friend kind of saying he’s done with him. The girl he’s kind of into doesn’t want anything to do with him. She’s devastated and wants to leave. Everyone’s kind of in the same boat. This tightly-knit group of friends has suddenly just blown away, almost. I don’t know what’s next for Chuck. It’s going to be interesting to see what happens.

CW Source: A lot of fans in TV online forums say they watch Gossip Girl for Blair and Chuck – or just for Chuck. Given that it seems like the show started out heavily focusing on Dan and Serena, are you surprised by this? What is it about Chuck, and the whole Nate/Blair/Chuck triangle, that’s so compelling to viewers, do you think?

Ed Westwick: I think it kind of adds an interesting angle in regards to the whole Dan and Serena thing. [They're] rolling along nicely, a first love kind of thing. This triangle adds the kind of scandalous kind of controversial element to the show which is great. I think people kind of enjoy a scandal and they always say sex sells. I think the Nate/Chuck/Blair thing adds the more shady elements. Everyone enjoys having a little sneak peek at that.

CW Source: Are you a fan of Blair and Chuck? Do you think if they get together down the line she’d reform him… or would he end up corrupting her?

Ed Westwick: Everyone always says opposites attract, but they’re similar kinds of personalities. I don’t know – it’s kind of one of those dangerous chemical reactions. God knows. Whoever’s around, take cover. I think they’re both young people; their personalities are kind of forming. When I was 17 or 18, I changed a great deal in a year. I think at that age you’re still very impressionable, very easily influenced. Who knows, but they’re both strong people.

CW Source: Do you like Chuck’s wardrobe? His look is so unique -- his many scarves, his pink sweatervest (in last night's episode), his turtlenecks. He has some great outfits.

Ed Westwick: He does indeed. He’s quite a trendsetter. Eric Daman, the wardrobe guy, does a fantastic job. Every time we go to a fitting for upcoming episodes, I’m totally in awe of what he’s got. It really helps me. Chuck’s got such a strong dress sense.

CW Source: What’s the latest with your band, The Filthy Youth?

Ed Westwick: Our music aired on “School Lies.” It came out sounding good; I was pleased. We’re here in London; we’ve been playing a lot of shows. Hopefully we can kind of get out to NY -- music can’t do too much here. [We'll] get the guys out there and see what we can do. Everyone can go to myspace.com/thefilthyyouth

CW Source: So you're in London now, but while Gossip Girl films, you're living in New York. What are your favorite places to hang out there? Was it an adjustment moving, or did you feel at home right away?

Ed Westwick: I was worried about that at first -- moving to a new country, new culture. I was really surprised and really pleased because it kind of just all came together very well. It's not like moving to a country and not doing anything and trying to find a job. My time was structured and I was busy; it was made easy.

I like Greenwich Village a lot. It seems very vibrant and fun. East Village is where all the young people talk about. The artsy music scene, etc. Either of the villages is cool. I just have fun strolling around, stumbling upon cafes and things.

I’m in London at the moment. I’m going to be back here for a little bit longer.

CW Source: Do you have many fans in London? Have you been recognized often?

Ed Westwick: People have recognized me a few times here, but the show’s not out here yet. It’s coming in February or March.

CW Source: Let's talk New Year's resolutions. What do you think Chuck should resolve for 2008?

Ed Westwick: [To] give up drinking.

CW Source: I don’t think he could stick to that.

Ed Westwick: I think he probably broke that January 2. Maybe don’t have sex with your best friend’s girlfriend. Maybe that. I think he’s got the attitude where he’ll take as he pleases. He’s not too considerate of anything else.

CW Source: What about you?

Ed Westwick: I didn’t, because I’m extremely weak. At the moment I don’t think I’m doing anything too bad, so I haven’t actually.

CW Source: Anything you'd like to tell your fans?

Ed Westwick: Thank you for all the support, everyone, and do your best to keep watching.

source
Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Interviews sur divers sites [attention, spoilers 1x13]
Page 1 sur 1